BBC | British Council
Grammar: Conditionals and modals
For each of the six questions choose the one correct answer.
1. I wish it ____________ stop raining!
2. If only I _________ crashed the car!
3. He wouldn't have been late for the exam if he ____________ earlier.
c) had left
d) hadn't left
4. Where is he? He should ___________ home hours ago.
c) have been
d) had been
5. I decided not to do it at the last minute because I might ___________ myself.
a) had been hurt
c) have hurt
d) had hurt
6. He must ____________ it, he was the only one who had a key.
c) have stolen
d) had stolen