CONTENT OF THE FILE
1. Project Announcement :
Early in the file ,the project announcement specifies the objective and the
procedure leading up to the final outcome of the project work. It tells both learners and
teachers what to realize and how.
2. Three Sequences:
Each sequence contents of :
* Listen and Speak
This section aims at developing competency one (interacting orally in
English ) by recognizing sound ,making sense of what is heard ,training the learner's
tongue and lips to speak correctly and meaningfully, acting out guided dialogues, playing
roles in situations similar to real life .
* Read and write I and Read and write II.
These two sections aim at developing the learners reading/understanding
and writing skills by seeking meaning and paying attention to sentence structure and text
3. Snapshots of Culture:
This section consists of various pieces of writing about Britain and other
English-Speaking countries. Learners will compare and contrast them with Algeria
through class discussion ,reports and writing tasks .
This section consists of :
* " Activate your English " which aim is to build up the learners vocabulary.
* " Do the Exercises and Draw the Rules" which aim is to discover how the
* " Project Round-up " which aim is to put the final touch to the end-
product of the file.
* " Where do we stand now ? " which is meant for the learners self
5. Time For….. :
This section consists of various pieces of writing for leisure.
Splitting a File Into One Hour Teaching/Learning Sessions:
1. The Three Sequences: Each sequence is to be divided into five sessions as follow :
*1st session and 2nd session : Listen and Speak – say it clear- Practice-Imagine.
* 3rd session : Read and Write I .
* 4th session : Read and Write II.
* 5th session : Project task 1 or 2 or 3
2 . The Snapshots of Culture:
Devote one session to this section.
3. The Overview :
This section is to be divided into two sessions as follows :
1st session : Do the Exercises and draw the rules.
2nd session : Project round up.
N.B. The contents of the other sections of the textbook are to be used as resource material
to be integrated in the different teaching / learning sessions according to the different
FILE 02 MAP