I/ Part One
A/ Reading Comprehension
Activity One : Answer the following Questions ( 2pts)
1. Do English children begin secondary school at eleven?
- Yes , they do / Yes / In England ,Children start secondary school at the age of 11.
2. Do all students leave school after GCSE exams?
- No they do not. / No/ After these exams, about 25 % leave school and find jobs.
Activity Two : Match each idea with the corresponding paragraph.( 3pts)
- Paragraph 1: <----> Subjects at secondary school .
- Paragraph 2: <----> Exams at 16 and 18 .
- Paragraph 3 : <----> Types of Secondary school .
Activity 3 : Lexis. ( 2pts)
1/ Synonyms : 1- kids = children . 2- select = choose / take/
2/ Opposites: 1- before =/= after . 2- cheap =/= expensive
Part One :B/ Mastery of Language
Activity One: Supply the punctuation and the capital letters where necessary ( 2pts)
English students have to wear a school uniform, but American ones don’t .
Activity Two : Re-order the following words to get coherent sentences.( 3pts)
1- Children at the age of 5 can go to pre-school in Algeria .
- In Algeria children can go to pre-school at the age of 5
-At the age of 5 children can to pre-school in Algeria.
-At the age of 5 children , in Algeria , can to pre- school.
2- Education is compulsory between 6 and 16 .
3 - Students take the BEM exam at the end of middle school.
-At the end of the middle school students take the BEM Exam.
Activity 3 : Find in the text four words that have the following sounds ( 2pts)
/ei/ ( name) /ai/ ( my)
age – same – they- take- stay-state- Science- like -Design
II/ Part Two :
Written Expression: ( 6pts)
Topic / Organisation / Linguistic Resources / vocabulary .....
(Should be taken in consderation)